Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Three to 02

SevenOfNine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is giving me a headache, there's almost too much info on the website! I switched from Three to 02 yesterday. Big Bundle PAYG £10.

Put the SIM in, registered with 02 on-line & put £10 on, sorted out 'free' £10 offer as well, & also set up regular £10 monthly payment, (though pretty clueless on what I was doing - an older age range novice I'm afraid). I could see on my account that I was on the right tariff & balance in the pot for future monthly payments, with £10 deducted to kickstart straight away.

My mobile was showing "02" where "Three" once was straight away & my signal was much improved.  I completed the transfer number form, PAC code etc, at 3pm.

The instructions for checking the number transfer was complete the following day (today) said something about turning the phone on/off & making a 'chargeable call'. Now that seems to me to be tricky, given that I'm on a 'bundle' so not sure any call will be classified as 'chargeable'?  I have called my landline & the call did get through but on dialing it I get "bundle call" in my ear first.

I'm not sure I've understood what I'm supposed to do today & can't find the instructions now, hence my early comment - almost too much info. Serves me right for not printing them!

I have rung my mobile old number (the one I want transferred) from my landline, but I just get "the number you have rung cannot accept this call. So I've rung the number that came with my 02 SIM but get "not recognised".  

I've looked at my 02 account but balance & tariff now say "this information is not available, try again later".  I expect that may change if I can figure out how to make a "chargeable call"???

But I currently have no way of being contacted on my mobile?  What am I doing wrong? Now I've discovered I can't access "Manage my Details" either - they're sending a code by text, that I'm not receiving!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SevenOfNine 

I'll ask our account advisors to help

@O2Lisa @O2Georgina  are you able to help here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SevenOfNine 

I'll ask our account advisors to help

@O2Lisa @O2Georgina  are you able to help here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning smiling

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff, I'll message you privately @SevenOfNine and look further in to this for you slight_smile

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SevenOfNine 

Have you rebooted your phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Love the username @SevenOfNine !

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 8

SevenOfNine
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, a few times. But to be honest I think I'm being impatient & something of a prat. What can I say, my mobile wouldn't look out of place in a museum, some would say 'neither would I'! Customer service are lending a hand though, & I can make calls & send texts. Thanks though.

Message 6 of 8

SevenOfNine
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Goodness, Community very helpful. Quick search & found another problem had already been asked by others, & answered (how to disable voicemail). Thanks to those who take the time & trouble to help others  here (& to customer services).

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problem @SevenOfNine 

also welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8