Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched Phone and forced to enter PUK code

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I switched from Nokia1.3 to my friends old Samsung A10! lot better phone, all was ok for a while then tested phone and was asked for PUK code, I was able to go via website and get get PUK code and all is fine again!

Just wonedered is this extra security, not only do I always have data and credit, my number has 5 digits the same, it's classified as "Very Good Number"

I am actually happy if this was a security check, I know I DID not enter my pin number wrong 3 times which does result in PUK request.

Really pleased if this was extra security! This number is not only easy to remember, I had it almost 20 years my life is that SIM Card.  Always got credit and data!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AztecUK 

Most likely a built in phone security feature.

It's not something that O2 do as a matter of course.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AztecUK 

Most likely a built in phone security feature.

It's not something that O2 do as a matter of course.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

AztecUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 56 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Nope!

The Nokia1.3 and A10 both dual SIm, I actually have another sim, rubbish number as backup, that DID not get affected!

i switched over from enough phones in my lifetime, never had PUK request I know I DID NOT enter my pin number wrong.

Actually wasn't a problem got my PUK code easily and up and running again! More of a curious post but happy to let sleeping dogs lie.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion and experience.
Message 3 of 3