Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim network unlock pin help!!

Jen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently paid off my device and after being fed up with poor signal and rubbish customer service decided to move over to Ee.

I phoned o2 and they said they would unlock it, blah blah blah.

They sent me a 16 digit unlatching code however when I turn on my Sony XA1 Ultra handset it doesn't give me the option to enter this but asks for a 4 digit sim network unlock pin.

I've asked o2 for this but they told me I need to get it from EE. After speaking to EE they told me it is a Nuk code I need and this is given from the provider of the device, o2.

It is now two weeks later and I have been back and fourth. O2 say that are escalating my enquiry which I'm sick of hearing.

I've now received en email saying that I need to contact the Sony technical team which I did and surprise surprise they've told me I need to get the code from 02.

Im actually losing my mind and sick of having a phone I can't use.

Cna anyone offer any help?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The phone is hard locked due to too many attempts at inputting the wrong code.
The only chance you have is taking it to a market stall or mobile repair shop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You should have put the EE sim in before entering the unlock code. Think you are now goosed.

Message 3 of 6

Jen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I still have one try left before the the counter runs out and I did put the ee sim in before entering different codes that agents suggested to me but nothing has worked
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess the code is wrong then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Jen, I was wondering if you'd made any progress with this since the last time you posted? Please let us know how you're getting on, and welcome to the forum Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6