Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card barred

Unbarred
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My O2 sim is barred and i tried to look for a solution and what i saw was to contact the the agent and there is no agent, i tried calling their customer line and always busy, i tried tweeting my problem on twitter and there is no response, so tell me how to remove the bar and what hurts is that i bought £20 voucher to topup but the sim is barred. So what should i do? and currently i am on roaming
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Unbarred 

All forms of contact here so you'll have to keep trying http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Other options when in UK include O2 stores.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Unbarred Why was the sim barred in the first place?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Unbarred
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I dont even know why and the custmoer response service is bad
Message 4 of 13

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Unbarred Was this a new sim or have you had it for some time? If it was new, where did you get it from?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's been inactive for any length of time then customer service will need to reactivate it for you. Either call or possibly live chat can help you.

Message 6 of 13

Unbarred
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, it was a new sim card, pay as you go and i ordered it from a mobile distributor, i mean middle sales men and it was fresh and never used with the SSN code at the back of the package and i activated the sim card, top up using £10 voucher i bought and it got deducted. So i removed the sim and did not use it for 2 weeks, so after two weeks, i tried to put the sim card back to topup £20 voucher i bought and when i dial 4444, all i hear is your number is resticted, call barred
Message 7 of 13

Unbarred
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are you sure the customer service response live chat works here? Nothing and i tried tweeting my problem to them on twitter and no reply
Message 8 of 13

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Unbarred This is a customer community. No one here can help with account issues. It sounds as if you may have been sold a counterfeit sim card. You'll need to speak to customer service in the morning. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit: Alternatively, you can call for free from any phone from abroad on +44800 032 1402

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 13

Unbarred
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Counterfeit and i still receive sms from their services on promotion and seriously there is no agent online
Message 10 of 13