Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security code being send to old number

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to buy a PAYG phone but I can't change the number on my account because when i try it sends a verification code to an old number that I don't use anymore. I called customer services but they were useless, teling me to go O2.com/uk, a URL that doesn't even exist.

How am I supposed to change my account details now?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call again as customer services are the only ones who can sort this out for you.
If you keep trying your account will get locked too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to call again as customer services are the only ones who can sort this out for you.
If you keep trying your account will get locked too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would go instore. Then register that device on a separate My O2. But yes only customer service can help if you need to change details on this particular account. Its P&G after all . 

Message 3 of 6

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I called them again and was lucky enough to get a customer advisor who actually had a clue, and so they changed the number on my account for me.

Sadly though, there is another issue. I'm trying to buy a phone but it's displaying the delivery address incorrectly and there's no option to change it. It tells me "You may have a billing address linked to some of your accounts. To see or change an address, select an account from My O2" but when I click it it just takes me back to the page with no options to change the address.

It seems the universe doesn't want me to buy this phone from O2. Your online chat rep actually said "You need to log out of your account because you can't change the address when you're logged in" ...... I mean, no offence but how stupid do you have to be to write something like that? His other solution was to open a brand new O2 account with a new email address and then he was going to update that accout with the email from my current account. I guess allowing the customer to alter the delivery address is too easy.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Oh lol, you couldn’t make it up, could you!
You may have to call again to update your address and hope you get the good guy again wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Where on earth do they find these online people? I wouldn't disrespect others by calling them advisers.

Message 6 of 6