Did you mean: 

Sat Nav Tethering 02 Classic

Titanium
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

I had to move to 02 Classic after my talkmobile tariff became obsolete about 5 months ago.

I occasionally use a sat nav for long trips which has live traffic updates on it, they work via Bluetooth to the phone, and then to the internet via WiFi or data.

The problem is, since changing to 02, the sat nav traffic will no longer work via data. It still works through WiFi at home but obviously that's not much use for a sat nav lol.

I was told this sort of tethering is allowed on 02 as I asked before changing over. So is there anything I need to do on the phone or sim to make it work?

Thanks
Tom
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Titanium
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
APN type was 'not set'. I've changed that to the * so will check if that works and let you know.
Message 11 of 45

Titanium
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still the same unfortunately.
Message 12 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did you reboot the phone first?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 45

Titanium
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I've rebooted both the phone and sat nav a few times. Also tried deleting and repairing the phone again. Still the same result, nothing over data but connects in seconds with WiFi.
Message 14 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can you try with a different phone to see if the issue is with phone or nav unit?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 45

Titanium
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't have another phone myself but will see if I can borrow one for this during the week.

Thanks for your help with this so far.
Message 16 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries, happy to try wink
Grab a mate and connect their phone, then try swapping sims between phones if theirs works so we can narrow it down to the exact cause.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Another thought.....
Turn on your hotspot and connect your laptop to it briefly to see if tethering is working.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 45

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Let us know how you get on with this @Titanium, any luck yet? slight_smile

Message 19 of 45

Titanium
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No luck so far.  I don't have any local mates so it could be next week before I can try another phone.

However I just tried using the laptop through the phones hotspot, it connects ok but no internet access once its connected.  So it looks like it's the phone rather than the sat nav at least.  

Message 20 of 45