Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card activation issues

Gaz1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, have recently recieved a sim card I ordered from 02, which will go into an old Iphone. I requested a Pay-As-You-go, but recieved a pay monthly & business Sim, Is there a difference?

Secondly, how do i set the sim up, ive inserted it into the phone but it shows No Service. If it is a different type of sim i am happy to do 'Pay Monthly' as i need the phone setting up urgently.

Many Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gaz1 

You can't use a PAYG sim for pay monthly and vice versa.

Order the correct PAYG sim here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

To activate it when received, you just need to top it up Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Gaz1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for that info, much appreciated!

If i want to activate the sim as a pay monthly sim, can I do that or do i need to call, i already have multiple devices, so i do have an account with them.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gaz1 

You would still need to order a new sim as you would need to apply for a contract and it would then need applying to a sim before been sent out to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Gaz1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you appreciate your time and help!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6