Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM FRAUD

HELP91
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My sim has been sim swapped 3 times in the last 12 days.
1st time understandable not o2 fault, I got it reversed everything back to normal, 2nd time 3 days later they done it again, same day I got it reversed and put on a added layer of security to prevent it happening again ( the actual SSN number on the sim that only I would have & a password on the account ) somehow today they managed to swap my number again and upgrade it to pay monthly !!!!!

& now when I’m calling back to reverse it I’m getting told to go to the police this is utterly ridiculous they have control of my number and are messaging my family and friends and o2 are locking/dropping the phone on me now as if I’m the scammer, they can’t use there common sense. I’ve had the same number in same sim for 3+ years someone in the last 12 days keeps changing it to another sim, ( once fair enough, twice ok sloppy, but three times is utterly ridiculous ) !!

I need answers

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10287 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@HELP91 

1st make sure you have changed all your passwords to one that can't be easily guessed, as this will be how the threat actors have got into your account in the first place.  

This includes all Social Media, Email, Bank accounts etc

You also need to speak o2 ASAP on 0344 809 0202 , and register it as fraud with them, and try and get access back to your account.

You also need to log it with Action Fraud at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

There is not really a lot o2 can do if they know all your personal details, and they can get through security.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

HELP91
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Someone please help, there scamming my contacts by the minute and o2 customer service keep hanging up on me 😢

Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

@HELP91 Why was it understandable the first time and not O2's fault? How would they know the serial number of a new sim, be able use a password you just created and also have your contacts?

This is a matter for the police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

rky_com
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First step - change your o2 password 

Second step - uninstall any remote control app

Third step - contact police 

Software Engineer

New O2 Customer since Dec 2022
Using - iPhone 14 Pro | Apple Watch | Pay Monthly O2 Sim
Message 4 of 10

HELP91
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First time was o2 fault, but it can happen so can’t blame them but two/three times is ridiculous now they have upgraded my PAYG sim to a PAY MONTHLY and registered it with new details now I cannot get access to my own number even though I have the original SIM card this is ridiculous PLEASE HELP!

Message 5 of 10

HELP91
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Calling police will not do anything, I need my sim reversed ASAP not we are investigating it in 72 hrs !!

Message 6 of 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36476 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@O2Georgina is the O2 Advisor on presently - can she help you, I wonder, @HELP91?

Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10287 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@HELP91 

1st make sure you have changed all your passwords to one that can't be easily guessed, as this will be how the threat actors have got into your account in the first place.  

This includes all Social Media, Email, Bank accounts etc

You also need to speak o2 ASAP on 0344 809 0202 , and register it as fraud with them, and try and get access back to your account.

You also need to log it with Action Fraud at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk

There is not really a lot o2 can do if they know all your personal details, and they can get through security.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 10

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

I can certainly try but may need to speak to customer services

@HELP91  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 9 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23216 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3693 Solutions

If the OP thinks the O2 fraud department will investigate this quicker than the police they are very mistaken.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 10