Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollover plan that is more than monthly

JGreen56565656
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am travelling and will not use the phone for 6 months, but want to keep it active in case any texts etc.  what plan is available for rollover more than 1 month?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3696 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145125 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@JGreen56565656 

Any PAYG sim will stay active to receive texts for more than a month, but you won't be able to call or text out.

A top up is required at least once every 6 months or the sim will be disconnected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 5

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@MI5 

Is the requirement to top-up every six months to avoid PAYG disconnection a recent change ? There are lots of posts on this forum that suggest otherwise, such as :-

"You just need to make a chargeable call every 6 months and top up every 999 days" : @MI5 

"....thats all, no extra top ups required" : @madasaf1sh  

Meanwhile, the O2 FAQs currently say :-

"Do Pay As You Go SIMs expire?"

"As long as you carry out a chargeable activity on your Pay As You Go sim at least once every six months, it won't expire, and your phone number will remain active".

The latter is at :-

Pay As You Go SIM Card Deals & Offers | Sale Now On (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I am not suggesting that you guidance is incorrect but there does seem to be a lot of inconsistency in this area. 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145125 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

It depends on the tariff.

Bundles require a top up, classic sims need a chargeable call.

Knowledge gained through experience rather than blindly copying previous answers.

Plus, as O2 want to maximise profit from a non viable system, they will say anything to persuade customers to add money.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 5