cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robbed of credit after reward text.I purchased a new pay and go o2 sim card today. 7Gb for £10.

Edge55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I topped up my phone with £10 of credit. No problems and phone showed I had £10 of credit 🥳. Then I heard the offer of 10% back on your top ups every 3 months if you text "REWARD" to 50202 so I thought why not. Texted REWARD to 50202 and got a message that my £10 credit had gone so I was rather distressed to put it mildly. Couldn't phone customer services as closed so will have to wait until tomorrow. If you don't want to be robbed of your topup don't text for the rewards. If I don't get it sorted tomorrow I'll bin the sim card and get a different one. I think O2 should warn people on their reward advertising before having the cheek to Rob them. P. S Even ***** Turpin wore a mask 🤬

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Hi @Edge55 - your £10 credit disappears from your account every month on the date you first topped-up, assuming you are on a £10 monthly bundle, this is how PAYG bundles work: Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

The Top-up rewards give you a small amount back, if you top up just before your renewal date every month, leaving you with enough for a free top up after a few months. You can check how close you are to your free top-up in your MyO2 or as explained here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/checking-your-balance

Loved the reference to that highwayman of old, Turpin 👍

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Hi @Edge55 - your £10 credit disappears from your account every month on the date you first topped-up, assuming you are on a £10 monthly bundle, this is how PAYG bundles work: Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

The Top-up rewards give you a small amount back, if you top up just before your renewal date every month, leaving you with enough for a free top up after a few months. You can check how close you are to your free top-up in your MyO2 or as explained here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/checking-your-balance

Loved the reference to that highwayman of old, Turpin 👍

Message 2 of 2