Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Tsuful
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So after entering Poland I am not able to use internet on my phone. It’s an iPhone and I tried everything, changing APN choosing network manually and once I get the 4g or E next to provider I get the pop up that I’m not subscribed to mobile network ;( what else can I do ?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Tsuful 

Did you change APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"?

If you did and it's still not working you need to contact O2 as you probably have a roaming bar on your account.

All numbers to call including Skype are here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Tsuful 

Did you change APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"?

If you did and it's still not working you need to contact O2 as you probably have a roaming bar on your account.

All numbers to call including Skype are here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Tsuful , welcome to our forum and sorry to hear you were having issues connecting earlier. Did you manage to get it sorted with customer service as advised above?

Message 3 of 5

Tsuful
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Once I tried everything there was to try, I called o2 on 4445 the customer service line. A kind lady answered and I lay out to hery what the problem was and what I did on my end to try and solve it. She’d heard me out and and propose different solution. Basically I was asked to turn off mobile data, switch from 4g to 3g and turn off and back on my device. Surprisingly it worked! I turned on mobile data switched back to 4g and I can enjoy my bundles while abroad now! I’m not sure if I tried her solution or now, but I believe they did something on their end to kind of activate my abroad internet. Case solved.
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think they actually removed a roaming bar @Tsuful 

During Covid and lack of travel, I think roaming bars were probably applied for security measures.

Once people started to travel again we have had loads of posts like yours where their mobiles wouldn't work when abroad.

3G wouldn't have worked if there was a bar in place..

No matter, at least a call to CS was successful and you are now sorted. Good job. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5