Did you mean: 

Roaming in Argentina

mrsgh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Can anyone help? I'm in Buenos Aires and I cannot get my iphone to connect properly to either WiFi or 4G.  It's endlessly whirring.  I received a message when I got here from O2 saying telling me call charges etc. so I assumed I would be able to connect.  I topped my phone up again yesterday but that seems to have evaporated as it's telling me I've got zero credit again.  There's nothing wrong in my network settings as they are identical to my husband's and his iphone is working fine.   I also can't call or text anyone.  I've tried calling the 02 free helpline from abroad but the number doesn't work.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's expensive 

A top up will be gone in an instant with data costing £7.20/MB

best option is turning off data completely and use wifi only

Some things to try

•   Reboot phone.
  •   Manually search for a different network
  •   If using an iPhone, change data apn to  mobile.o2.co.uk
  •   Call customer service to check for any roaming bars
  •   Or if you message O2 using the social media links below, they should be able to help you with this

Costs

Making calls£2/min
Receiving calls£2/min
Sending texts50p/text
Using data

£7.20/MB

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@mrsgh 

Your data apn should be "payandgo.o2.co.uk" although due to costs posted by @jonsie it is not recommended to use mobile data at all.

There is also no 4g calling available on PAYG, so if the network you are connected to has no 3g, your calls will fail.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

mrsgh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much.  Considering I'm not actually even getting connected to anything or able to send anything it seems like an easy way to burn money :).  I've reached out to them via messaging on social media.  What's more annoying is the free from abroad phone number to customer services redirects me to top up :).

Message 4 of 6

mrsgh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks - yes data apn on that.   Basically won't connect to zip despite full signal strength on hotel wifi.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@mrsgh 

You can't make calls on wifi but your data should be working.

If not I'd suggest an issue with the wifi connection at the hotel.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6