Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Spain - Please help !

Anglo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Community, I bought an O2 PAYG SIM (6GB for £10) from Amazon and had it delivered to Spain. I need a UK phone number because I am returning to the UK often and will be moving there in a month. The people I purchased it from activated the sim nd added a £10 PAYG bundle - and I know thats the case because O2 told me its activated. I also topped up the account with £10 which I can see in my account.

HOWEVER: I cannot recieve any or make any calls, and neither can I send any SMS -- but I can recieve SMS. I can use the data, it is roaming and working fine, but not voice or SMS 😞

I called O2 3 times yesterday (from Spain) and they gave me 3 solutions that did nothing. They say they have opened a case, but ive heard nothing yet and im afraid I will have to call them again - which is probably costing me 10 euros each time.

Can anyone help? I am very tech literate so have no issues with any of the tech, but it should just work, but isnt.

When I call a number I get a high pitched beeping, a bit like the recipient is engaged, but its a higher tone than that.

Please help, im desperate !

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks @O2Kyle slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 24

Anglo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, ive of course tried different carriers, changed phone config, ive even reset/wiped my phone and tried the sim in 3 other phones... Its not the phone and its not a problem with the sim.

I need a UK phone number, I already have a spanish number - need this number to work, ive paid for it and topped it up, it should work !

Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good. I hope our account advisors can sort this @Anglo thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

O2Elliott
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @O2Kyle for the tag.

Hello @Anglo, I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your service abroad.

Please allow me to take a look into this and get it sorted for you.

I am going to private message you now, as there may be some account related information I will need to discuss with you.

Thanks
Elliott
signature
Message 14 of 24

Anglo
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Elliot, I replied to the DM, any luck?

Message 15 of 24

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@O2Elliott 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 24

O2Elliott
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the tag @MI5.

Hi @Anglo, I have now replied back to your message.

Thanks
Elliott
signature
Message 17 of 24

CAMPBELLHUAWEI
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was there a resolution here? I have the same problem. Data is working but I can't make nor receive calls.

Phone was working in UK but now in Spain it cuts out immediately when dialling out, and I get messages to say I've missed calls but the calls don't even ring.

Help

Message 18 of 24

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@CAMPBELLHUAWEI wrote:

Was there a resolution here? I have the same problem. Data is working but I can't make nor receive calls.

Phone was working in UK but now in Spain it cuts out immediately when dialling out, and I get messages to say I've missed calls but the calls don't even ring.

Help

@O2Lisa 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@CAMPBELLHUAWEI 

I'll ask @O2Lisa  if she can help. You may have a roaming bar on your account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24