Did you mean: 

Replacement card

Riss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys,

I have lost my card along with my phone. I need a replacement for my lost card, so i went to an O2 shop, opened my O2 account in the front desk, but i came out with the problem unsolved, they asked me to provide 3 informations, and with only those 3 i could get it, but i got stuck when one of the infos they asked me for was frequent O2 number that i contact to, i use mostly whatsapp so i don't make direct calls to any numbers, therefore i couldn't provide that information, and for thaat reason couldn't get my second card, which IMO it's totally non sense. Anyway, does somone knows what is the best way to ask for my replacement card, i really need it and would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Riss  Just report it this way Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Riss 

Unfortunately if you go in store or on the phone you have to go through security, and this means answering the 3 questions correctly. This is to prevent fraud and people just walking into store and asking for a sim card and moving the number over.

You have 2 options either call 0344 809 0202 from another phone and get a sim posted out to you, or go to a different store and ask for a blank sim card, and then you will need to call up and get it activated. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Problem is @madasaf1sh  that @Riss  has lost his phone and sim so the protocol is, it has to be reported Lost so O2 can block both sim and card so ensure it's not used fraudulently.

Otherwise @Riss  will be liable for any use of the phone if not reported within 24 hrs.

UNLESS, of course the shop staff reported it but no mention has been made of that?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Cleoriff

I assumed they had already reported it lost / stolen, and where trying to get a replacement sim card and get it activated at the same time from the store slight_smile

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That may be the case @madasaf1sh although it was never mentioned. All @Riss said was, he/she went in search of a replacement sim. All lost stolen sims and devices must be reported within 24 hrs to avoid fraudulent activity, otherwise @Riss becomes liable.  New sims are sent out via O2 if the op has a replacement phone available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6