Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really bad customer service

Sasha1990
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I moved from o2 contact to payg and since then have received consistently bad customer service. Has anyone else found that you are treated as a second class citizen once you move to payg? Called for a PAC code at around 12 today and was on hold for 40 minutes. When the unhelpful staff member picked up he was so unhelpful. He said he needed the serial number on the sim...erm how am i supposed to give you the number on the sim if i am calling you from it? I asked if they could find the serial number but apparently not, even though o2 shipped the sim out to me! The customer service said someone would call me back but guess what - noone did. I called a second time this evening - i was on hold for over 30 minutes and when you are on hold for that long rhe music is so irritating! This time i had the serial number as requested and the customer service said that the retention line is closed so i cant help you today,you'll need to call back tomorrow. What a ridiculous request, like I'll need to stay on hold for another 30 minutes to be told no again!! Can't help but think this is a ploy for them to keep people and phone numbers from moving. Really shoddy service - i am not surprised that there is no survey offered after speaking to customer services like other phone lines, since they would probably get low scores all the way through.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Sasha1990
That's terrible.

If you call customer services call early 08.00 or 08.30 am they answer quicker then and have more time. I was advised to do that from members here and it is certainly very good.

I do hope you will have a better experience and look forward to hearing that all was achieved.

Welcome to the o2 community forum, keep in touch let us know how you get on. Good luck and best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sasha1990 

How to get PAC the easy way Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sasha1990
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Im trying to leave o2 and i havent topped up - no top up means no text allowance (and i wont top up just to port my number across).
Message 5 of 9

Sasha1990
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@TallTrees thank you. Unfortunately i start work at 8am latest, 7 days a week so can't call them until lunch time really. But thanks for the advice!
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sasha1990 

Is it not a free text?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Understood @Sasha1990
Good point too. Auto methods are not always convenient. I am sure you'll get it sorted. Holding on waiting for a call to be answered is soul destroying though. Just have to find some inner strength!🤔
Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 9

Sasha1990
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No, I've tried and it doesn't go through.
Message 9 of 9