Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems roaming

SamB85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have a rolling plan which works well in the UK, however I am currently in Poland and facing really strange issues. 

Data access is fine, so what's app or any app which relies on data works fine. However if I try and send an SMS my phone shows me an error 50. I am also unable to make or receive any phone calls. I have rebooted multiple times, tried to connect to other networks but nothing seems to work.

I noticed if I manually register on a network then switch back to automatic selection it works for about 5 minutes.

I have tried different message apps on my phone to ensure the message is being sent as an SMS and not an encrypted 'chat'. If I try and dial ANY number it just automatically prompts on my phone 'call ended'

This isn't ideal as I am still reliant on SMS and phone calls despite being abroad. It doesn't seem to be a signal issue and like I said it's purely SMS and voice calls (data works fine)

Any idea please? I believe I am being automatically registered on either the Plus or Play network.

Please help

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

Hi @SamB85 

The telephone networks in Poland are T-Mobile, Orange Polska, Play, Plus, Lykamobile and Virgin Mobile Poland.

Check your settings and make sure Roaming is on. Otherwise check this guide to see if there is anything which can help you Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, data roaming is enabled on my device as this seems to work without issues. 

I havent spoken to O2 customer services as I can't make any calls from my phone.

I have also looked through the guides and have gone through all trouble shooting steps but nothing fixes the issue

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@SamB85 

Where did you get the phone from originally?

If you need to contact O2 you can on social media.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@SamB85 

It might be worth checking your SMS Centre number is correct it is +447802092035 

Are you also using the full international dialing codes as well (i know it might be a daft question)

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 10

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone is SIM free and worked fine when I travelled to Poland before with different network operators (Sky and Plusnet)

SMS center code is all correct and I am using the full +44 numbers when calling and texting to numbers in the UK.

I can't even get to call O2 as I can't make any calls 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@SamB85 

As per my post above, you can message O2 on social media.

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

You may have some bars on your account that need lifting.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 10

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spent half an hour onto customer services and still the same.

I found a previous forum entry mentioning an L2 block which had the EXACT same symptoms I'm facing. I did mention this but they didn't seem to know what I was referring too and kept saying there are no blocks. I tried my sim on another phone and have the exact same issues. If I put a different SIM in my phone (non O2) then it works fine. I've had nothing but problems ever since moving to O2 and this has seriously knocked my faith in them.

I am now stuck in Poland for 2 weeks and unable to make or receive txts or phone calls.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 149000 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@O2Trevski 

Can you help fix what CS have failed to do please?

Message 9 of 10

SamB85
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still not working and was told on Friday I need to wait up to 7 working days for it to be looked in to. 

If I manually choose a different network provider it works for all of about 30 seconds then I get the following

IMG_20221219_115115.jpg

My SIM in another phone has the same problem, another UK providers SIM (sky) in my phone works fine.

Really regretting switching to O2 now so will be leaving when back in the UK as I'm effectively uncontactable via SMS or telephone now. I can't even set a forward on my number or call customer services again.

Message 10 of 10