cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems loggin when trying to do a sim swap.

flora123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have a strange problem with my "my O2" account. When I log in, the landing page says, "you don't have any products or services in this My O2 account." I have an active PAYG sim that came with my Nokia.

Secondly, the other strange problem is, when I'm trying to do a sim swap, online. It asks me to login first to take me to the sim swap request page, however, when I enter my credentials and login it says " Oops. We've had problems finding your account. Click here and that should solve it." I click on "here" and I am taken back to the landing page that says "you don't have any products or services in this My O2 account", rather than the sim swap request webpage.

I have now managed to swap the sim over via the text service, by texting SWAP to 20220. However, the problem with the online account is still annoying.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

flora123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for the suggestion. It's a little annoying that they've decided to pull the plug on PAYG live chat.

TLDR; I had to manually add the PAYG to my " my o2 " account.

Anyway, I called customer services through the free number 4445 and the solution was simple. On the landing page, " you don't have any products or services in this My O2 account ", there is a button that says " add product and services ". I was told to click it, and then I was taken to another webpage where I was taken through a 3 step process to add my PAYG number to my " my o2 " account. Solved. Now when I log in the landing page shows my mobile number and the balance, previously it showed " you don't have any products or services in this My O2 account. " 

Adding the PAYG number to my " my o2 " account also solved the sim swap log-in issue I was having. Now when I attempt a sim swap, it takes me straight to the sim swap request page.

Looks like it was an account creation issue - it should have automatically linked the " my o2 "account to my PAYG sim when I created the " my o2 " account some time ago.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@flora123 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.
Thanks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

flora123
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for the suggestion. It's a little annoying that they've decided to pull the plug on PAYG live chat.

TLDR; I had to manually add the PAYG to my " my o2 " account.

Anyway, I called customer services through the free number 4445 and the solution was simple. On the landing page, " you don't have any products or services in this My O2 account ", there is a button that says " add product and services ". I was told to click it, and then I was taken to another webpage where I was taken through a 3 step process to add my PAYG number to my " my o2 " account. Solved. Now when I log in the landing page shows my mobile number and the balance, previously it showed " you don't have any products or services in this My O2 account. " 

Adding the PAYG number to my " my o2 " account also solved the sim swap log-in issue I was having. Now when I attempt a sim swap, it takes me straight to the sim swap request page.

Looks like it was an account creation issue - it should have automatically linked the " my o2 "account to my PAYG sim when I created the " my o2 " account some time ago.

Message 3 of 3