Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with phone calls abroad

Lukasz35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i need a help. I am in Poland nów and after a few weeks being here I started to have a problems with my Network. Nobody can phone me and I can not make a phone calls as well. Roaming is on and my a count is topped up. Please help. Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lukasz35 

As you mention some "weeks" check the T&C's to see if your services have been restricted.

You may only use our services in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks. Your data usage may be limited in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) at a lower level than you data allowance in the UK if you’re a Pay As You Go customer. Once you go over this limit you’ll be charged. For these limits and charges please see www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/roaming-in-europe.
What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services and travelling within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services. In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £4.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts. These charges will cease to apply if you can subsequently demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Lukasz35 

The above may well be the reason. O2 will restrict usage if they feel you are outside the permitted allowance of time for holidays and travel. As @MI5  said.

If you want to check you could also contact customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 They will let you know.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Contact cs
Message 4 of 15

Paul87
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi , one hour ago I’m add bolt ons to my plans ,I got message ACTIVE Now but still I can’t call to another country , what’s wrong ?
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul87 wrote:
Hi , one hour ago I’m add bolt ons to my plans ,I got message ACTIVE Now but still I can’t call to another country , what’s wrong ?

Have you turned phone off and on again?

If you need to call a country that's not in UK or EU (when in EU) you will need to add credit, not a bolt on.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Paul87
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
International calls
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul87 

You have posted in PAYG. Can you confirm if you are PAYG or monthly contract please?

PAYG International help here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/uk-and-international-bundle

If you aren't calling one of the included countries you still need credit.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Paul87 

Look at this Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15