Did you mean: 

Problem with calls and texts

agata2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Maybe someone would be able to help please  - I tried to call 4445 but can not get through. I used to be on pay monthly plan and changed to pay as you go internation bundle.  Got my new sim on Monday, changed it last Wednesday evening when the last one died/was deactivated. My number was transfered. On Wednesdayimmediately I topped it up  - got two messages confirming it. Phone was working ok. However, not sure what happen overnight but since Thursday morning I do not receive any calls, I do not see any notifications that someon was trying to call - the same with messages (none are coming through to me). I also can not send any messages. Both apply to the UK and international. The only thing I can do is to call - really grateful that at least this work. I tired to call 4445 several times - can not get throuh - also when I call them the automatic service tells me that my balance is £0 - althought as I have mentioned I toped it up and got two confirmations about it. I restarted the phone several times, also swithed it off, took the sim car out, put it back again didn't help.  Could someone tell me what is going on and what to do please?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@agata2019 

Only customer service can see your account.

You need to keep trying 4445

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

agata2019
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, so I can not get through to them now I will be stuck in this situaon for the next 2 weeks or so?

Message 3 of 16

agata2019
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is a bit scary - I know that their helpline is super busy, exceptional circumstances we all live now, but phone is the only way I can be in touch with my mum - she lives abroad. I hope someone from their team might read this post and help me out somehow.

Message 4 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144500 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@agata2019 

No one will call you.

You have to keep trying like everyone else, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 16

__M__
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many years ago, I had something similar, and the advice I got was to 'hard reset' the phone's connection to the network by removing the battery while the phone was switched on, then wait ten minutes, put the battery back in and restart the phone. Thankfully my phone had a removable battery, and it worked, but not immediately. Sorry this will be useless to you if you have a phone with an unremovable battery. 

Message 6 of 16

agata2019
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1. I know no one would call me - cause I would not be able to pick it up anyway. I thought they might email me or so and next I could call them.

2.  The hard reset - I've just had a quick look on you tube and I'm not sure if I would have the courage yet to do it, just in case my phone will stop working altogether. Also I'm not sure if I can do it on my phone - have to check it.

Thank you both for trying to help.

Message 7 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23112 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@agata2019 You can call your mum using Skype from your computer. Below is a link to show you how to use it. You can buy credit and call anywhere in the world. Call charges to most countries are very reasonable. Might be even cheaper than using your Pay & Go, but that depends on the country you're calling. Certainly worth trying if you can't use your phone. The Skype app is free to download.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 16

agata2019
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Skype - of course - good idea - how could I forget about it. I will sort it out, check it's working and next read more about this hard reset.

Again thank you all 🙂

Message 9 of 16

Hiroki
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I would like to cancel my 02 account.So I have continued calling your customer service since a week ago.However never connect.Never Never.

I'm coming back to my country tomorrow because I have lost my job with COVID19.

How Can I cancel my account?Please let me know.
Message 10 of 16