Did you mean: 

Premium International Bundles

EmilieM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everybody,

I am a new customer at O2, got my Premium Big Bundle SIM card 10 days ago and put £20 on it, to go to France and then Mexico.
I am now in Mexico and my credit indicates £0 even though I used very little of it in France. The company is wanting to charge me full rate -£2 per min, £7.20 per mb.
I am wondering where my Premium International bundle £20 have gone???

Also, I had zero network when arriving in Mexico and couldn’t even connect to the airport free WiFi... bizarre. ???

Any solutions and tips very welcome!

Émilie
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@EmilieM 

That bundle is for use in UK to call abroad, not for travelling abroad.

For foreign travel you need O2 Travel https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@EmilieM 

That bundle is for use in UK to call abroad, not for travelling abroad.

For foreign travel you need O2 Travel https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

EmilieM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Aaagh, that makes sense! So I got on the wrong plan... is it possible switch from Pay as you go to Monthly pay?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@EmilieM 

That won't be possible whilst abroad, unless you are going to be there for a long time, and even then it will be difficult.

For now, you could use a local sim card or just use wifi and whatsapp to call and text back to UK (if your contacts also have whatsapp).

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

EmilieM
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh Ok I see. Thank you for the info!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6