Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port transfer problem

Paulo6675
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wonder if I can get some help here...... I recently finished contract with EE, brought o2 PAYG sim, acquired PAC code, topped up with a £10 bolt on to activate o2 sim, put in a port transfer request Wednesday, this should of happened yesterday, old EE account is now cancelled, the old o2 number has been deleted, the new o2 sim works in phone, however I can only received calls to the phone, unable to make calls, texts or internet. My o2 account has also removed the old o2 number and has also removed my bolt on and now left with no device in the account!!

4 calls to online chat in which keep saying wait n keep trying, we can see old number deactivated, no mention or re applying my bolt on, last chat saying they are going to prioritise it but to wait another 24hours for it to resolve itself...... I heard on grapevine the port team supposedly do not work at weekends so how is it going to sort in 24hrs

many thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Paulo6675 

You are correct...no porting happens over the weekend. You could try and reboot your phone a few times, though if no joy, it will be Monday at the  earliest.

I will mention @EmilieT here (one of our community managers) She will be able to help, though isn't on till Monday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What they mean is that it takes 24 hours for all the systems to catch up. The port has already happened so everything will update itself over the course of the day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Paulo6675, how are you doing today? 

It'd be great if you could come back later today to let us know how you're getting on with this - in case you need further help, we'll see what we can do on our end slight_smile

Welcome to the community!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Paulo6675
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning,

Still no change, in queue on phone as I type this to try and sort now as the port team should be at work...... did chat to support over phone on Saturday but they could not do anything because port team don’t work weekends.

Message 5 of 8

Paulo6675
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took all my details again for the 5th time.......*sigh*, passing it on to port team and again could take up to 24hrs......asked them to prioritise as been without use of phone since Friday. So hopefully some time today.........

Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Paulo6675 As it's already been passed on to the port team I'm not sure there's a lot more I can do, they're the best ones to help you out there. In case you're still not having any luck by the end of the day, would you please let us know and I'll chase it on your behalf? slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Paulo6675
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No worries will do.

Many thanks for help

Message 8 of 8