Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlocking

Char2002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently left o2 and used a PAC code to transfer my number. I bought my phone outright and was under the impression it was unlocked but when I tried my new sim it requires a code.

I have logged into o2 app to request my unlocking code but does anyone know how I will recieve this since I'm no longer a customer with O2 and have already transferred my number?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93272 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If it's an iPhone it will be unlocked on Apple's servers and you will get a text or email in a few days to say it's unlocked.

As it is P&G the phone needs to be on the network for 12 months before O2 will unlock it (This doesn't apply to iPhones). If it's more than 12 months and android, you will receive an unlocking code and instructions by email.

If you haven't used it on the O2 network for 12 months, the fact that you purchased the phone outright would be reasonable grounds to make a complaint that the phone is locked and you request O2 to unlock it.

Full guide here ::

Complaints if needed here but the Resolver process within the link seems to get the quickest and best results.

Good luck with this smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93272 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

If it's an iPhone it will be unlocked on Apple's servers and you will get a text or email in a few days to say it's unlocked.

As it is P&G the phone needs to be on the network for 12 months before O2 will unlock it (This doesn't apply to iPhones). If it's more than 12 months and android, you will receive an unlocking code and instructions by email.

If you haven't used it on the O2 network for 12 months, the fact that you purchased the phone outright would be reasonable grounds to make a complaint that the phone is locked and you request O2 to unlock it.

Full guide here ::

Complaints if needed here but the Resolver process within the link seems to get the quickest and best results.

Good luck with this smile

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You will receive a text and and email to say when your phone is unlocked along with instructions on what to do next.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

Char2002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the help.

I've been using a sim only o2 contract sim in the phone for a couple of years. Do I need to get a pay as you go sim and go through the unlock process that way? i just requested through the app not realising the different processes for PAYG vs contract.

its a samsung phone. Will they still text despite having taken my number to a new network?
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93272 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

As long as the phone has been used on a sim only recently then no need to go the P&G route.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You should be ok to submit a free request as your details will still be on the system.
Your text and email will come through fine too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6