Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock code request

Admn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why would o2 be ignoring my requests for an unlock code for one of our phones?

There's four o2 PAYG phones in our house and over a week ago I requested unlock codes for them, and within 12 hours I recieved 3 unlock codes, but no sign of the fourth. Waited and waited nearly week, and decided to check with CS who could not find any record of the request? But offered to resubmitt the request and still no unlock code 4 days later.

Does anyone else find this all very strange?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Admn why would they ignore you?

Maybe an error in submission though?

Follow the process here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Admn why would they ignore you?

Maybe an error in submission though?

Follow the process here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 19

Admn
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used the same online request for all the phones, which just asked for the IMEI, and the codes were auto emailed to me. When the 4th code didn't appear I tried logging another request for it and got a message saying it had already been requested, so that confirmed it had been done correctly.

The during the online chat with CS, the rep could not find any record of the request can could not explain what had happened, which I found quite hard to believe, but I guess there's some people better at there job than others.

So what would you advise me to do next as I still need unlock code and obviously CS aren't going to get it sorted.

Message 3 of 19

Admn
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please forgive my poor spelling and grammer, it's been a long day 😞
Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd call around 8.00am tomorrow and speak to an adviser rather than using chat.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Did you get the phone directly from O2?

If bought through a retailer such as CPW it may be already unlocked.

Message 6 of 19

Admn
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I try calling them.

All our phones were bought directly from o2, ordered online and collected in o2 shop.

Is it possible the phone is already unlocked and that's why there's no code ...... that would be funny slight_smile

Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Stranger things have happened but usually you would get an email back saying O2 can't unlock it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you got it direct then it will be locked unless you bought it within the last 6 months. Call them as @MI5 suggests.

Message 9 of 19

Admn
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks everyone.

The phone is about 18 months old, and didn't get any emails relating to it.

Been trying to find the o2 link I used to request the unlock codes, but can't find it now.

Has it been removed?

Message 10 of 19