Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stuck on “No Service” after handset switch

BirchTree
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there - I’m getting a new phone for Xmas (iPhone SE 2020) and got it set up yesterday so that it’s updated and my apps are loaded onto it.

I’m switching back to my old phone until xmas (iPhone SE 1st gen) but when I’ve put the sim back into the old phone it’s stuck on “No Service”. Strange thing is that if I put the sim back into the new phone it’s just says “No Sim”. I’ve tried restarting the phone, toggling airplane mode, resetting the network settings and nothing has worked.

I have a work phone (with EE) and tried that sim in both handsets and it seems to work fine. Any ideas? I imagine I will need to go to the o2 shop and possibly request a replacement sim?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @BirchTree 

Something is wrong with the sim if other sims work in both phones. A new sim is on the cards for sure. If the shops are open by you, then that's the quickest way. If not, call any number in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum...Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

robp
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can i jump on here and ask a similar question please?

We got our new apple SE handset and micro sim on Friday and set up the the old iphone to the new one with no bother, however it's now Sunday and the old iphone still has the the bars for calls/service and the new one still shows no service.

Do we have to activate the new sim in the new phone?

And if so, how do we do that please?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@robp 

You can use your old sim if that still works in your new phone,

However if you want to use the new 5G sim which came with the phone, you need to do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Your old phone will lose service and you need to keep rebooting the new sim/phone, until service is transferred.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

robp
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff