Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Phone not working - No SIM

Hi

I was on holiday and I couldn't call or receive call, and also couldn't send or receive texts.

On my phone, it says No SIM, however I still have the SIM on my phone.

I was going get help from O2 chat, but though it would be better to send a post here.

Why has this happen, I don't have no credit on my PAYG, could this be the problem? How can I get my phone to work?

Thanks

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,377

Re: Phone not working - No SIM

It sounds like either a sim fault or a phone fault. I would get a new sim first from any O2 shop, which is free to do, but if that doesn't work, you'll need to look at repairing your phone.
Not having any credit would not give you that issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Highlighted
Level 63: Greatness Assured

[ Edited ]

@RM19894 Have you tried removing the sim and putting it back in? Sometimes that sorts the problem if there's a bit of dust on the terminals. If that fails then try a new sim as suggested.

With no credit you would be able to receive calls and texts, but you wouldn't be able to call back or reply.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,377

Check the help here too https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/O2-Guide-to-Network-Issues/td-p/1158158
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Sorry to hear about your phone @RM19894. Smiley Sad Let us know if you've made any progress with this since you last posted?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature