Did you mean: 

Phone not working - No SIM

RM19894
Level 1: Joiner
  • 37 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I was on holiday and I couldn't call or receive call, and also couldn't send or receive texts.

On my phone, it says No SIM, however I still have the SIM on my phone.

I was going get help from O2 chat, but though it would be better to send a post here.

Why has this happen, I don't have no credit on my PAYG, could this be the problem? How can I get my phone to work?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds like either a sim fault or a phone fault. I would get a new sim first from any O2 shop, which is free to do, but if that doesn't work, you'll need to look at repairing your phone.
Not having any credit would not give you that issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It sounds like either a sim fault or a phone fault. I would get a new sim first from any O2 shop, which is free to do, but if that doesn't work, you'll need to look at repairing your phone.
Not having any credit would not give you that issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@RM19894 Have you tried removing the sim and putting it back in? Sometimes that sorts the problem if there's a bit of dust on the terminals. If that fails then try a new sim as suggested.

With no credit you would be able to receive calls and texts, but you wouldn't be able to call back or reply.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check the help here too https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/O2-Guide-to-Network-Issues/td-p/1158158

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your phone @RM19894. 😞 Let us know if you've made any progress with this since you last posted?

Message 5 of 5