Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone has not been used for months

MPS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have a Nokia 108 simple camera phone, which I haven't used for quite a long time. I want to start using it again. I suspect the SIM card has been deactivated. How do I go about reactivating the SIM card? Or do I have to buy a new card?

Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Only thing to remember is that o2 now only offer monthly bundles @MPS , which will run out and need renewing every month.

If you wanted a traditional pay as you go then you will need to look elsewhere - Tesco, Asda and Giff Gaff are the main ones that still offer this (at the moment).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MPS 

If it's been longer than 6 months without use, then you will need a new sim card. Your old number has probably been recycled by now. You can get a new sim by going in store with ID, or contacting O2 using any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MPS
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MPS You can order a new sim online easily and free https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

MPS
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Only thing to remember is that o2 now only offer monthly bundles @MPS , which will run out and need renewing every month.

If you wanted a traditional pay as you go then you will need to look elsewhere - Tesco, Asda and Giff Gaff are the main ones that still offer this (at the moment).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6