Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can’t send pictures

Valerie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My grandson has just bought a Samsung galaxy S7 edge and has pay and go on O2 ....but he can’t send and receive picture messages ...any help please ....

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

To make sure he has the correct settings he can text ACTIVE free to 2020 for those occasions when it's not possible to send over wifi and he has enough credit to send mms. There's also the option of sending by email using his data allowance which again is cheapest than mms.

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

To make sure he has the correct settings he can text ACTIVE free to 2020 

I don't think that's supported any more, I tried and got a message to call 4445 o You can more reliably do it by putting a non O2 SIM into the phone delete the O2 APN and then reinsert the 02 SIM to trigger the correct APN with o2 MMS settings, then delete the other SIMs APM. Simples!
Message 12 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I just thought I would put this here to show connecting Android phones to data services 'can be found on O2'....

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Services/m-p/544202#U544202

We just prefer to use the other guide I linked to, as it includes Windows and iPhones 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually as stated in the link it’s mobile.o2.co.uk

Message 15 of 29

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I am on pay and go, have been for years, and can still send photos ....
Message 16 of 29

Valerie
  • 68 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I used WhatsApp and then they said I had to pay. Don’t like it. I prefer to send my own photos via text messages on my iPhone and he should be able to do the same
Message 17 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Valerie wrote:
I used WhatsApp and then they said I had to pay. Don’t like it. I prefer to send my own photos via text messages on my iPhone and he should be able to do the same

We need to know what tariff he is on, if he has additional credit, and what he has done so far to remedy the issue?

If the apn settings have been changed and saved, the phone needs to be restarted for them to take effect and then he needs to test by sending an MMS to himself, which has also been known to kick the process into life.

PS. WhatsApp is now free for everyone, for life.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Valerie wrote:

You shouldn’t have to pay on WhatsApp 

Message 19 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@ValerieI think you said originally that you both had iPhones. If so, they would have been free to send over WiFi with iMessage. However, your grandson now has a Samsung phone and MMS aren't free to send.

Although, as said, there are other ways of sending pictures for free using WiFi. Whatsapp, Messenger etc...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 29