Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent SIM addresses

geoffkc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I get rid of the nine O2 addresses on my new SIM? The phone is for an elderly relative and the only entries I want in the phonebook are mine.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@geoffkc 

Just delete them or set the phone to read contacts from phone only, not phone and sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

geoffkc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for taking the tie to reply so quickly to a newbie. I'm afraid that doesn't work. I have set the preferred storage to Phone (not SIM), and deleted all the SIM O2 addresses about ten times, both individually and by clearing the SIM, after which the number of addresses in the SIM reads 0/300, and they do not appear in the phonebook. But when you switch the phone off and back on again, the SIM has the same nine addresses again, as if they are burned in. It is incredibly stupid.
Message 3 of 6

geoffkc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry I should have added that although I have the memory preference set to Phone, and you do see the phone-stored addresses first, then all the SIM-stored addresses that I deleted are listed once again. I am afraid it is really going to confuse my relative. Why are things never simple? It took me about four hours to find a SIM supplier that actually still did simple PAYG (grateful to O2 here) but this stuff is no unnecessary.
Message 4 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @geoffkc have you had any joy in removing these? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

geoffkc
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No. I gave up.
Message 6 of 6