Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

DRennie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do you pay anything to o2 to be able to use your phone with a PAYG sim card when NONE of the payment methods is accepted by o2 - was sending a free PAYG sim card just a con to get your details to a

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DRennie

Alll ways to pay are here (scroll down for PAYG) https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090

The first top up must be done with a voucher though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

DRennie
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, have read item numerous times AND tried some of your suggestions, but no luck yet! Also... where do you get the Voucher that you mention - Nearest o2 shop 60 mile round trip away, Local Banks ALL closed down now (permanently) and nobody would know what an ATM was if it hit them on the head.  The problems of living in a small village in the middle of nowhere...!

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can see that could be a problem for you but have you tried buying a voucher online here?
http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just a thought, have you tried a mobile banking app? Mine has a link to top up any mobile. ...

Message 5 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @DRennie, sorry to hear you were having trouble topping up. Please do take a look at the info above and let us know if you've had any progress?

Message 6 of 7

DRennie
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello o2 Community,

NO I have not been allowed to make a payment on the PAYG sim card (a deliberate policy, I think) so I have had to take out a year's contract... sneaky!

Message 7 of 7