Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay go Number move 02 to o2

Jm1954
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called to arrange a move of my old o2 number to a new pay go sim received. Everything arranged with the customer service advisor who told me the old number will replace the number associated with the new sim in a couple of hours --- 20 hours later this still has not happened - when I call my old number is it goes to voicemail rather than ringing the phone in my hand --- is there a reason for this? is there an activation process? I am loathed to top up until the old number has been moved over and I can call it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7143 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

See if this helps

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Jm1954 were you able to sort it out?

Message 3 of 9

Jm1954
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @RafaC , thanks for asking.

I called 4445 and spoke to a knowledgable adviser. My situation is a bit odd....my oldphone was left on top of my car and I drove off. It fell off and I have no idea where etc. So I have another phone, bought a new pay go sim with a new number....and I wanted to port the number of my oldphone (now lost if effect) onto the new sim so that people call me. I was asked questions wrt to the old number:

1. Balance - I answered

2. Last top up amount - answered  

3. when I topped up - I used voucher but cannot recall  

3. two numbers called or texted in the last 3 months - this is difficult to recall as I use names and not numbers

In summary,  I may not be able to the info. I understand the reason for doing this but I desperately want the old number to replace the number on my new sim and need some help to expedite. It is a genuine situation so is there any alternative way I can get past these questions to satisfy needs to progress porting the old number. 

Message 4 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Jm1954 have you tried the social media channels support?

Perhaps they could assist with your situation. Get in touch with them via Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG).

Message 5 of 9

Jm1954
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Best if I can get through on 4445....I seem to end up in a queue for a long time.

Message 6 of 9

Jm1954
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@RafaC- i managed to get through security checks and was directed to fill the form. Even helped me fill the form at https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

- wasn't able to complete because of of an error when I click to submit the form. I was told it was a backend website problem issue at o2 and to try again as the form was filled correctly. Been trying for two days now and I still get the same problem when I submit. Is there really a website problem when using this form? Thanks for your help. I have also messaged via twitter.

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93338 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 8 of 9

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Jm1954, glad to hear that you were able to go through the security checks, but sorry to hear that you bumped into an error when submitting the form. Have the social media team over Twitter been able to help you out with that?

Message 9 of 9