Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go from abroad

Oscar9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a prepaid ( pay as you go) SIM and now I'm trying to activate it from Spain, but it's impossible, I can't make any calls and I can't recharge the SIM with a voucher I have because I can't call 4444, does anyone know how I can recharge the voucher if I can't make the call to 4444?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

You're welcome @Oscar9 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 19

koala321
Level 4: Observant
  • 66 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Oscar9, if you need to top up abroad you need to buy vouchers in the UK.

Then when abroad you can call +44345 606 2277. This number can also be used to top up other O2 mobile phones. You just type in your mobile number, then the voucher numbers. It even works in the UK.

The number @MI5 gave you to call when abroad doesn't work any more. I did point this out a few months ago to the Community.

Message 12 of 19

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

The number was checked by O2 and confirmed as still good @koala321 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 19

koala321
  • 66 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @MI5 01753 552 277, the number to top up abroad doesn't work. Have you tried calling this number on your phone? I have and it just goes dead. It used to work, it doesn't anymore. I told @cleoriff about it a few months ago as it was on the Pay as You Go Top Up Guide.

Message 14 of 19

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8133 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

@koala321 That's a different number to the one posted by @MI5 

I can assure you that number does work

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 19

koala321
  • 66 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Enlli @MI5 No it isn't a different number. This is the number given to @Oscar9 +441753 552 277 from abroad. @pgn has also tried it and it doesn't work for him/her either

It was typed in bold by @MI5 as a reply to @Oscar9 . It's the same number we are talking about it.

Can you confirm it works abroad, because it doesn't work when called in the UK. I've tried it on both my phone's, it just gives a beep then the call goes dead. I would assume that if it's not working here it won't be working abroad either.

Message 16 of 19

koala321
  • 66 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 I should have told you on my earlier post that  @Dave-O2 was supposed to be removing the number on @cleoriffs Top Up Guide. This was after I alerted @cleoriff to it not working in June 2024. I could have shown you the link to my message to @Cleoriff on the Top Up Guide but I didn't know how to do it, so just mentioned you in the Top Up Guide message thread in the hope you would understand the situation with the number. 

I hope this clarifies things @MI5 @Oscar9 @Enlli 

@MI5 Are we still friends? I feel like we've fallen out over a dodgy old phone number? 😄

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

No problems here mate 👍

Message 18 of 19

koala321
  • 66 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5  I'll buy you a drink! (I think I need one! 😂

Message 19 of 19