Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go from abroad

Oscar9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a prepaid ( pay as you go) SIM and now I'm trying to activate it from Spain, but it's impossible, I can't make any calls and I can't recharge the SIM with a voucher I have because I can't call 4444, does anyone know how I can recharge the voucher if I can't make the call to 4444?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149010 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Oscar9 

You will need to borrow a phone from someone or download and use Skype to call Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12591 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

There is a website I think you can use the voucher with @Oscar9 in the guide below

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 149010 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Oscar9 wrote:

does anyone know how I can recharge the voucher if I can't make the call to 4444?

Call  +441753 552 277 from abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 19

Oscar9
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you very much for your quick responses

The problem is that I can't call any number with that SIM, for example I can receive SMS but I can't send them.

In my O2 account the number is marked as ‘Simplicity NO ALLOWANCE’.

Oscar9_0-1725886312949.png

I can't see how I can top it up without being able to call from the O2 number, I can't pay online because it denies the card, so I bought a voucher to see if I could top it up with the voucher code but I can't call any number.

Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 149010 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@Oscar9 

You will need to borrow a phone from someone or download and use Skype to call Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Message 5 of 19

Oscar9
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, I'm going to try it on Skype, since I can test it from a PC.

Just to confirm, this is the actual Skype number 0800 032 1402?

Thank you again for your quick response.

Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 149010 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Yes, that's a good number @Oscar9 

Message 7 of 19

Oscar9
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you again,

I've tried now but there are no agents available and the bot doesn't seem to understand that I want to top up with a voucher.

Tomorrow I will try again with a real agent and see if I have more luck.

Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 149010 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Lines open at 8.00am @Oscar9 

Message 9 of 19

Oscar9
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was finally able to speak to one of the agents via Skype and I was able to use my voucher code to top up, so everything was perfect, thank you very much!!!

Message 10 of 19