Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and go tariffs

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The now I'm on the £20 big bundle that gives me 5000 text, 2000mins and 8gb of data with data rollover .

I got a text this morning saying.

You tariff is changing from 7th November. When you buy your next £20 big bubble, you will get unlimited text, unlimited min and 10gb of data. To use over 30 days. 
Are o2 changing there pay and go tariffs and now not going to be offering data rollover.

I don't see anything on the o2 site saying tariffs are changing.

I have to top up by 2nd of every month to get my new big bundle allowance.

Darren

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess Three will be rubbing their hands together now wink

That's what we will have to recommend then! Certainly to help the elderly folk who only keep their phones topped up as a way of calling someone occasionally, or as an emergency.

No thought for this groups of vulnerable people at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As we've said before, there's no money in it for O2 and probably costs more to keep the number connected than the revenue they make from it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the replays and links.

Darren

Message 13 of 17

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I wonder if they will stop all of the classic payg tariff and move ppl over to £5 big bundle in the near future
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Pete58 

They can't force you off the tariff if you are already on it but they will try and entice you with offers to change. 

If the classic tariff suits you, just stay with it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I hope not my mum uses this tariff and out of all the mobile networks o2 are the best for her price wise and signal quality
Message 16 of 17

PP1000
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes this woud be a huge increase for me if I had to change or the old PAYG tariff was withdrawn.

I use my phone sparingly and a small amount of data each week but my top ups are only about £20 or so  a year in total. With this it would be another £100 a year!

I did try Three to test reception  a couple of years ago but reception was very poor and erratic at home even in London despite the coverage maps implying good coverage in my area. 

Message 17 of 17