Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and go tariffs

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 126 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The now I'm on the £20 big bundle that gives me 5000 text, 2000mins and 8gb of data with data rollover .

I got a text this morning saying.

You tariff is changing from 7th November. When you buy your next £20 big bubble, you will get unlimited text, unlimited min and 10gb of data. To use over 30 days. 
Are o2 changing there pay and go tariffs and now not going to be offering data rollover.

I don't see anything on the o2 site saying tariffs are changing.

I have to top up by 2nd of every month to get my new big bundle allowance.

Darren

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@darrenney02 

Yes, you still get data rollover.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @darrenney02 

More info re the changes here https://www.o2.co.uk/contract-free-tariff-changes 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

darrenney02
  • 126 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the replay and link. I will have a look.

Darren

Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You're welcome @darrenney02  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@darrenney02 

Yes, you still get data rollover.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @darrenney02 

More info re the changes here https://www.o2.co.uk/contract-free-tariff-changes 

I've only noticed this latest change because they've been talking about it over on giffgaff's community. But it looks like they're also getting rid of the "Classic PAYG" sims, which is surprising really, because there's a lot of customers who are "light users", or just need a spare sim as a backup.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/11/o2-to-make-changes-to-pay-as-you-go-deals---here-s-wh...

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

An O2 spokesperson said: "We're excited to be launching our new and improved pay-as-you-go Big Bundles based on customer insights of what they want from their tariffs. 

(But we didn't ask any classic payg users) Astounded

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Already removed from the website although international sim is still there https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go#simtype=international
@Martin-O2  @EmilieT @Marjo it would be useful if we got advanced notice of changes such as this so we can give the correct advice to customers?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree @MI5 . It appears light users wont get any benefit at all now. Classic PAYG has gone and it's Big Bundles or nothing. Advance notice would have helped us!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess Three will be rubbing their hands together now wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17