cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for credit, got nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help! I am in Australia, on pay as you go, I got a text saying 'welcome to o2 roaming', then phoned the top up number, paid £20, got a text saying I have paid, then try to make a call, text, use data but cannot, then get a separate message now saying I have zero balance. I checked my bank and £20 has been taken from my account. I am also finding it very difficult to get in touch because of the time difference the chat support is always offline for me, and I cannot call because I have no credit. I also cannot find any email contact method despite there apparently being one. Sorry if I am missing something here but what am I supposed to do??? I am at least able to send this thanks to a friend's wifi! Many thanks for any advice, this very frustrating and have not been able to call or text anyone for Christmas 😞
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally managed to get a live chat going and discovered that the entire £20 was used up in under a day  but apps running in the background! I had not used any internet services consciously and forgot that Data is used even when you are not browsing etc when mobile data is on, and I hadn’t switched it off! I feel a bit stupid but it’s a harsh lesson learnt and won’t do it again! 

Thank you all so much for your responses and hope you had a great Christmas.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

If you are unable to call then you have to use Live chat. There is no email contact for O2

This is a customer led forum and we have no access to your account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12065 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It may be that the credit was taken for a bundle, or used by mobile data as you are roaming.
Try using the chat option as suggested above.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Login to your MyO2 and change your tariff to the classic PAYG whilst you are abroad.
Use live chat now and ask them to switch your bundle back to credit as it’s no use to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience when roaming. Did you get it fixed?

Please let us know if we can help you more! We hope to see you around Wave

Thanks @gmarkj@Cleoriff and @MI5 for the help Handshake

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally managed to get a live chat going and discovered that the entire £20 was used up in under a day  but apps running in the background! I had not used any internet services consciously and forgot that Data is used even when you are not browsing etc when mobile data is on, and I hadn’t switched it off! I feel a bit stupid but it’s a harsh lesson learnt and won’t do it again! 

Thank you all so much for your responses and hope you had a great Christmas.

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As you say @Anonymous, it was a harsh lesson learnt. So you wont do it again. Pleased it's sorted now though and Happy New Year to you...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8