Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code on new PAYG sim - no credit

Sh500
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have ported my phone number to an o2 PAYG SIM only to realise the signal in my area is extremely poor 0 to 1 bar.

The only option I can see is to move again to another provider. But o2 say I can only receive a PAC via text message. I do not want to waste £10 simply to send a message to move elsewhere.

Does anyone know why they cannot simply provide the PAC over the phone?

NB: I am able to receive texts and calls.
Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

dor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still not heard anything from Lisa. Thanks for the help

Message 141 of 169

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Yeah course I can @Cleoriff

@Lina28_09@dor I'll message you privately and get this sorted for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 142 of 169

_ChilliP_
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa it's easy done, no need to apologise. @O2Emma has picked this up now.

Thanks

Message 143 of 169

RevingAmedi
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think you shouldn't. Because, you would also lose the £9.90p remaining credit once the switching is done! Funny O2 punishment rules, hey!!

Message 144 of 169

RevingAmedi
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

By the way, the text message for the PAC request would cost you 10p, however, you would also lose the remaining credit of £9.90p once the switching is processed! Funny punishment rules by O2, hey!!

Message 145 of 169

_ChilliP_
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's very easy to complain when things are wrong and don't get resolved, but not enough people give others credit for when they go that extra mile to help people.

I would just like to say a massive thanks to both @O2Lisa & @O2Emma for their hard work and help with obtaining a PAC code for my sons's PAYG account. It's nice to know that if I need support with my 2 Pay Monthly accounts then as well as this community, there are also wonderful members of staff that will go out of their way to help you.

Also, contrary to what @RevingAmedi it didn't cost a thing for me so there was no O2 punishment rules involved. All it took was a wee bit of patience, some good manners and 2 wonderful helpers. Voila, I'm not out of pocket and I'm happy they took ownership and resolved things for me.

So Lisa & Emma, well done and thanks. You're both stars 👍🌟

Message 146 of 169

tonybdj
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you sort me a pac code as well please ? No credit. Paid 20 for the sim from a shop as a premium number so don’t want to pay more 

Message 147 of 169

Whitedoves83
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a dual o2 sim pack. I accidently topped up the other sim, not the one I ported my number to. So I cannot justify topping up twice. I would like to port my number out. Please help @O2Lisa & @O2Emma 

Message 148 of 169

Claudiu1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Lisa & @O2Emma I've seen you helped quite a few other people with getting a PAC code without them having to top-up £10 just to send a 10p text to 65075. Can you please help me as well? Thank you in advance.

Message 149 of 169

Claudiu1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's been sorted for me after calling 0344 809 0202. They initially said it can't be done but after escalating to the manager it was possible slight_smile

Message 150 of 169