Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code on new PAYG sim - no credit

Sh500
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I have ported my phone number to an o2 PAYG SIM only to realise the signal in my area is extremely poor 0 to 1 bar.

The only option I can see is to move again to another provider. But o2 say I can only receive a PAC via text message. I do not want to waste £10 simply to send a message to move elsewhere.

Does anyone know why they cannot simply provide the PAC over the phone?

NB: I am able to receive texts and calls.
Message 1 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Sh500
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I would just like to thank Daniel for his impeccable support in resolving this for me.

His level of support provided via PM far surpasses my expectations and definitely the experience I had with o2 representatives over the phone.

Much appreciated. 
Message 11 of 169

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Well done @O2Daniel thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 169

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Sh500 Thank you very much, this is much appreciated! slight_smile

I am glad i could get things sorted for you.

All the best,

Danny.

signature
Message 13 of 169

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just read this and although I didn't post on the thread initally, I just wanted to add my thanks to @O2Daniel. Well done and great to hear. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 169

suzleconway
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I am having a similar issue at the moment and spoke to an adviser today who said it's not possible and I must top up. Am I to surmise from this thread that it is actually possible for o2 to generate a PAC code, they may just not be inclined to do so?

If this is the case any tips on how I can persuade them to, or can @O2Daniel maybe step in and help me too?! It seems so unfair that I need to pay £10 to obtain the code and surely against some sort of regulatory rules 😞

Any help very gratefully appreciated slight_smile

Message 15 of 169

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
So basically you just want to take O2's number to another network for free?
Message 16 of 169

suzleconway
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m not sure what relevance my response has but I paid for the SIM card, started the number transfer from my old network and then realised the signal in my house wasn’t great and so found a good deal on another phone with contract so ordered it as I’d like to keep my old number....I had no idea it would cause such issues.

It appears other networks are able to provide a PAC code when you have no credit so I’m not sure why o2 is any different. Especially as the message to 65075 is free.
Message 17 of 169

O2Daniel
  • 67 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @suzleconway

I will private message you, and we can discuss this further slight_smile

signature
Message 18 of 169

suzleconway
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks so much Danny for getting back to me, all sorted now ☺️
Message 19 of 169

J1MMCD
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I am also having the same issue that after buying a PAYG sim and porting my number to O2.

I have had two different responses from CS team and the hour long call today was ridiculous.

Basically i was told top up the tenner or lose the number.

Again, all I want is the PAC code and never had issues like this before (had this number since the 90's) I bought this sim just before. Christmas and did the transfer over the holiday.

After being told it takes 48 hours last week I still have no PAC (left this long due to new year holidays and weekend) If @O2Daniel or anyone else can help I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance Jim. 

Message 20 of 169