Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK needed?

Woody53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
A friend is in hospital and has an O2 PAYG SIM, apparently the phone (a Samsung) is requesting a PUK code, yet the phone is able to receive calls and texts but not able to make calls.

As far as I know, entering an incorrect PIN 3 times blocks the SIM, requiring a PUK. Until a PUK is entered, the SIM should not even log onto the phone network.

If the SIM is awaiting a PUK, should it still accept incoming calls?

It sounds odd to me, any thoughts?

Dave
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Woody53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I saw that, it says you won’t be able to make or receive calls. They say they can’t make calls, but can receive them, even though it appears to ask for a PUK... hence the question

Dave
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woody53

I believe the Code your asking for is to Unblock the Sim Card as they've blocked the Sim Card? Correct me if I'm wrong. However your friend will have to call o2 to explain to them it's code for the Sim Card so they Unblock it.  This is the PUK Code.  NUK is the one if you wanting to unlock a device to use on any network.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support -https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Because you're not buying anything, O2 doesn't consider your call important, so use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Woody53 The link I provided above is to find the PUK. Your friend can also find the code on their MyO2 page. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5