Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG

Judette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not able to make calls or send texts today. I have a PAYG phone and there is absolutely no way to contact customer service. When I go on there they say that I need to phone the PAYG team (I can't make calls and no matter how many times I say so they repeat the 'call the team'). I haven't topped up in many months but I have made calls in the past month. Would this cause the number to be disconnected for not topping up? I can get texts from O2. I was trying to top up today but cannot and I cannot make any calls at all. Or is there an issue with the network today? I hope someone can help.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144550 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Judette 

Sounds like your bundle has expired so you need to top up.

Guide here Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

You can also call in to your local O2 store.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5852 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Judette

If you search this forum, I believe that you will find that to avoid your PAYG SIM being "zapped", you must make a chargeable call or send a text at least every 180 days ; and you must top-up at least every 999 days. 

You really need to get a relation or friend on another network to try to exchange calls and texts with you so as to establish your current position. 

I do not know if there are O2 network issues in your location but certainly there is no national problem ; the O2 network is working for me.  

If your SIM is still live, you can top-up by purchasing a voucher from a shop. 

Message 3 of 21

MI5
  • 144550 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

A call was made last month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 21

Judette
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian thank you for that detailed reply. I was able to get the sim topped up at an O2 shop which ought to mean that the sim is active? However, I am still having issues sending/receiving messages or making/ receiving calls. 

Message 5 of 21

Judette
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 thank you for the suggestion. I did manage to get the sim card topped up and the bundle renewed for a month so that should mean that the sim is still active, shouldn't it? However, I get 'call unavailable' when trying to place a call and even test calls to my number don't come through. Rather, I get a text saying I missed a call. I also am not able to send messages.

Message 6 of 21

MI5
  • 144550 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Judette 

You will need to get O2 to check your account then.

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 4445 if you can or 0344 8090222 from any other phone.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 21

Judette
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thank you. I will try that and give an update here.

Message 8 of 21

Judette
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 so I contacted O2 over social media and have been off and on with them. They suggested a manual reset of the network and I tried that. I was able to get a call and message to go through and then had issues again. It appears that I need to re-register each time I want to make a call or send a text. I am still having a conversation with them and will see what else they suggest. I just wanted to give an update here for everyone who has been kind enough to take the time to try and help out. I will update again once I have tried other (possibly good) solutions.

Message 9 of 21

MI5
  • 144550 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Judette 

Check your postcode here for any local issues O2 Service Status

Currently using:
Message 10 of 21