Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG top up not recognized.

Paulio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm hoping someone here can help me with this issue (but looking at similar problems on this forum it's unlikely).

So, I topped up my pay-as-you-go phone on Friday 13th August and since then I've been charged £2 a day for data usage and told to top up before the end of 22nd to get my new allowance. What the heck is that about? Who do I contact to either get my money back or get my proper allowance>

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi @Paulio  - this is a Community forum, made up of users and customers - we have no access to check your account here on the Forum.

If you put the top-up on the right mobile number, you should have got a top up confirmation txt. You also would have received warning texts to say your bundle was used, but your top-up would only be used if you purchased additional calls or data.

Have you logged-on to MyO2 in your browser to see what MyO2 reports about your phone and what you put in it and what was used?

It is possible your top-up has already been used for your next month's top-up.

Or you have another subscription on your mobile, like a ChargeToMobile service, that has consumed your credit.  Check your MyO2, either App or Online.

If you feel a call to O2 is necessary, numbers are here - call around 08:15am UK time to stand a chance of talking to an advisor without too much of a wait: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Hi @Paulio  - this is a Community forum, made up of users and customers - we have no access to check your account here on the Forum.

If you put the top-up on the right mobile number, you should have got a top up confirmation txt. You also would have received warning texts to say your bundle was used, but your top-up would only be used if you purchased additional calls or data.

Have you logged-on to MyO2 in your browser to see what MyO2 reports about your phone and what you put in it and what was used?

It is possible your top-up has already been used for your next month's top-up.

Or you have another subscription on your mobile, like a ChargeToMobile service, that has consumed your credit.  Check your MyO2, either App or Online.

If you feel a call to O2 is necessary, numbers are here - call around 08:15am UK time to stand a chance of talking to an advisor without too much of a wait: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2