Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG free £10 credit not being credited; and 5x data not showing up

BigManDave
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I recently ordered a PAYG card because o2 promised me a free £10 credit when I pop up £10 and text FREE10 to 21500, as well as 5x Data (equal to 15GB). However when I topped up £10, 3 problems happened.

1. I was given standard 3GB data instead of 15GB

2. Additionally, the amount of data I had was 3072 MB instead of 3000MB, so evidently there's something wrong with the SIM card I received as it shouldn't have any extra data at all

3. When I texted FREE10 to 21500, I got the text message saying "this offer isn't for you".

I have seen previous threads about customers not getting the free £10, due to a bad batch of SIMs, and some o2 admin helping them out; I would also appreciate getting help so I can get my free £10.

I have also seen other threads about 5x data appearing not to be applied, and it was said that the extra promotional data is basically "hidden" and will be used up first before the standard data gets used up.

However, also please note I previously had a Pay Monthly SIM card, and I ported over that number to the PAYG SIM card, but I topped up the £10 and sent the texts on the original SIM before the number was ported (which, as far as I know, had to be the case, because I had to call 202 to get my old number transferred, and they said that I couldn't transfer the number unless the PAYG SIM was activated by topping it up. I mention this just so that it is clear that I followed the steps as instructed before porting the number, in case porting my number somehow disqualifies me from receiving the promotion.)

How can I confirm that I am actually part of the promotion? I did text 5XDATA to 2424, but received no response, so I don't know if it worked or not. The deadline for the promotion is almost finished, and o2 customer service aren't exactly speedy in their responses to enquiries.

I am presuming that the promotion finishes at the END of 1st July, but I would like to avoid calling and eventually getting through, only for them to tell me that the promotion has ended or something and refuse to assist me.

I called them today and waited 40 minutes only to be told that the PAYG line has been closed for the day -_-.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

All the best

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @BigManDave 

We can not look it to individual accounts online, I would recommend you give us a call on 4445 from your O2 Mobile or 0344 8090222 from a landline which is standard rate call.  Once you get through they can look in to this for you.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @BigManDave 

We can not look it to individual accounts online, I would recommend you give us a call on 4445 from your O2 Mobile or 0344 8090222 from a landline which is standard rate call.  Once you get through they can look in to this for you.

signature
Message 2 of 6

BigManDave
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Karl ,

When I tried calling 4445 earlier today, I told the automated AI thingy I wanted to talk about PAYG; it then said unfortunately we are unable to help you, and then it cut off.

As I said, I already called o2 to try and talk to them about it; I called them on 0800 587 4005, and was apparently connected to the Pay Monthly department, and was told I was redirected to the PAYG team and was put on hold for 40 mins, only to be redirected back to the same Pay Monthly department, who told me the PAYG department was closed.

In these three threads people seemingly got help without being told to call o2 customer service

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/O2-Free-10-offer/td-p/1107533

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/New-SIM-FREE10-It-looks-like-this-offer-isn-t-for-you/td...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-As-You-Go/FREE10/td-p/1123955

I will try calling customer service again tomorrow, but I don't want to call 4445 just to be cut off again. Surely there must be something that can be done so I can at least get my £10 credit, seeing as people in these threads got theirs without being told to call o2?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @Marjo @LukasB  are our community managers @BigManDave 

I have tagged them to this thread and they will be in touch tomorrow. Hopefully they ill be able to help you as well. pray

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @BigManDave I will send you a message on here as I need some more information. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

BigManDave
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @LukasB , I just called 4445 and thankfully I got through to them quickly, and they were able to sort it out. They put the £10 credit on my account, and also for some reason the 5x data got applied at 5:45 this morning.

Thanks for the help slight_smile

Dave

Message 6 of 6