Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG credit

AlanT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies if this is a silly question! As my mobile usage is important but very light I want a payg that I can top up only when I need, not every month. What happens to the balance or credit on a current O2 payg after one month - does it just stay there and runs down if I use the phone like my old O2 "text and web" sim. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

To keep your credit you need to make a call, text or use data at least once in a 6 month period 

You also need to Top up every 6 months.

If you don't do both of these things you will be disconnected.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

To keep your credit you need to make a call, text or use data at least once in a 6 month period 

You also need to Top up every 6 months.

If you don't do both of these things you will be disconnected.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
  • 12335 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

In short, no @AlanT 

o2 now offer bundles, which mean you put credit on the phone which is exchanged for an allowance of minutes, texts and data. 

The type of PAYG you describe is known as "classic" PAYG, and o2 no longer offer this.

From memory, 1pMobile and perhaps GiffGaff are the only companies that still offer this type of sim.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3