Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Top up reminders from o2

s-p-u-d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do we get reminders to top up please? I'm sure we used to some time ago but I'm not sure if we still do.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You'll need to call 4445 and ask customer service to enable them @s-p-u-d 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@s-p-u-d 

Yes if on a bundle tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What if you are on the Classic Tariff please?

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You'd just get balance texts unless you'd turned them off.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've never had a balance text without requesting one and haven't turned it off. How do I turn them on?

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You'll need to call 4445 and ask customer service to enable them @s-p-u-d 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response MI5. I know I'm being a pain on this forum, but I appreciate any help or advice you can give me. I've been on the Classic PAYG for a few years, I am a very light user and mainly keep it in the car for emergencies. 
There appears to be conflicting Terms and Conditions for this tariff and I'm not sure which one is the official one.
Some users on here say you can top up just every 999 days to keep the account going yet I also read that I must top up or activate a bolt on every six months or the account is deactivated and my number would be lost.
Do you know of a link which would take me to the official T&C's please?

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@s-p-u-d 

It's no problem.

Officially you need to make a call at least once every 6 months, although some users are making a call every 3 months to be on the safe side.

The top up or add bolt ons relate to bundle tariffs, not the classic PAYG tariff.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But this is what I read on the O2 site???
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go
Classic Pay As You Go
With Classic Pay As You Go, you pay for what you use, as you go. The minimum top up requirement is £10.

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number.

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Yeah, we know, and we've also reported it as incorrect, but O2 want you to top up regularly so they won't change it.

That's the reason why they have discontinued that tariff as it wasn't making any money for them.

You can always be reconnected with the same number too as long as you don't leave it too long if you ever are disconnected.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12