Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Top-up Requirements

Joanne987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 basic PAYG phone, which is our house's emergency phone.
I am aware that must make a chargable activity at least once in any 6 month period in order
that iit is not disconnected.
Can you please confirm that there is no additional requirement to Top-up every so many
days in order that is not disconnected (ie Top up every 999 days). I cannot find mention of a Top-up requirement in O2 T&C but have seen mention of this on the internet in the past.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Joanne987 

My family have an o2 classic PAYG sim.  My understanding of this sim (which is now not available) is that a chargeable Call needs to be made once every 6 months and a top up in 999 days.  This is not written down but it is a general understanding.  This is what we work and have topped up also in that period.  A chargeable phone Call (not text or data this is also my understanding and I have no idea why but to be on the safe side probably worth taking into account).

I hope this helps you.  best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions

@Joanne987 

It is one chargable call or text / data usage every 6months and thats all, no extra top ups required.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Joanne987 

My family have an o2 classic PAYG sim.  My understanding of this sim (which is now not available) is that a chargeable Call needs to be made once every 6 months and a top up in 999 days.  This is not written down but it is a general understanding.  This is what we work and have topped up also in that period.  A chargeable phone Call (not text or data this is also my understanding and I have no idea why but to be on the safe side probably worth taking into account).

I hope this helps you.  best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 3