Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Classic Tariff

s-p-u-d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't understand. When I check my tariff in My o2 it says I'm on the Classic Tariff yet according to some people on here the Classic Tariff ended 2 years ago.
I only make very occasional calls or texts so it suited me fine. I don't want or need a monthly Big Bundle thingy. Any ideas what to do please if/when the Classic Tariff is eventually pulled from my phone?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@s-p-u-d 

You can no longer buy PAYG classic as a new o2 customer, but you can stay on it as an existing customer...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But I read even though I'm on the Classic Tariff I need to top up or add a bolt on every six months otherwise the number will be terminated. I haven't done that yet I'm still OK (I think).

Message 3 of 10

s-p-u-d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is what I read. I'm sure it never used to be like that and o2 didn't inform me of any changes.

With Classic Pay As You Go, you pay for what you use, as you go. The minimum top up requirement is £10.

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number.

Message 4 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@s-p-u-d Where did you read that? As long as you make a chargeable call or send a text once every six months you can stay on the Classic tariff. You need to top up once every 999 days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi there ~ @s-p-u-d 

Welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

If you are on Classic PAYGO as far I am aware they are keeping that on for the people 

already using that service.  My family have it and there has been no indication that O2 are

terminating the service for them.

They top up every 999 days or in our case they top up with a £10 voucher about 21/2 years and make a chargeable call every 3 months ~ but it is every 6 months absolutely needed. 

Use your phone for a short chat every now and then enjoy it, the classic Paygo is very cheap.

Good Luck and very best wishes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@s-p-u-d Just to add, should you at any time in the future lose your Classic O2 P&G tariff, both Tesco and GiffGaff offer it, and they both use the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Here is where I read it. https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go I'm more confused than ever now and would like to get some sort of official description of the T&C's for the Classic Tariff. 

Message 8 of 10

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But I read this. https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go I'm more confused than ever now and would like to get some sort of official description of the T&C's for the Classic Tariff. 

Message 9 of 10

s-p-u-d
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Couldn't find a Tesco or GiffGaff version of the Classic Tariff. Any clues or links please?

Message 10 of 10