cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T pay as you go VAT invoice? / Unlocked?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If I purchase a OnePlus 5T on pay as you go online will I get VAT invoice/reciept for the phone purchase on checkout?

Can anyone confirm they have bought one of these recently and they are still unlocked for use on all networks? Ive read a number of of posts that they are definatly unlocked / OP dont allow them to be locked to O2 only but not read of anyone whose bought one confirming they have found it to be the case. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Our device team have confirmed that the device is not locked to O2 - it's an 'open device'. Hope that clarifies things.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The official O2 line is that they are unlocked. The only doubt we have is regarding the introduction of the O2 support for wifi calling and whether this actually locks the phone. We had one person report that it was locked, but only one report of this so not substantiated.
We need confirmation of this from @Chris_K please?
You should be able to get a VAT receipt for the phone, but it may take a few phone calls to customer service to get it as O2 are notoriously bad at providing them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Our device team have confirmed that the device is not locked to O2 - it's an 'open device'. Hope that clarifies things.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff. Thanks to you both for the swift replies. slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Glad you could get your help swiftly.
Enjoy the phone slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Welcome to our forum @Anonymous, let us know how you like the phone when you get it? slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. thumbsup

Message 7 of 7