Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 refused to unlock my iphone7

VaPr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was bought in Lithuania in ordinary electronic shop.

Phone was simfree ( unlocked ) and I changed few local network no problems. Last months I tryed to handover this phone to other person and make reseting to make sure no any personal data left behind. After that my phone become a brick.

Likely now I am in UK and have bought O2 sim (pay as you go) so phone been activated. iPhone showing “ no service” I have toped up and bought a bundle for 20£. Still no response!!!! Place sim to other simunlocked phone - no problems!!!

I have a chat online whith O2. Bring them all information they need: sim sn/ IMEI/ my name and phone number but didnt help, the answer was YOUR PHONE LOCKED LOCK IS INSIDE AND WE CANT HELP YOU!!!!

Does any body know what I can do to solve this problem? Shop saying this out of warranty and fact is it was unlocked and I used no problems.

Apple saying O2 only can ask for unlock.

O2 saying go to shop and deal with them!

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@VaPr

As your phone was bought when abroad, probably your best bet is to try a market stall and ask them if they can unlock it for you?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 42

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it actually locked to O2 then?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes its true. O2 sim card accepting only
Message 4 of 42

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds more like it’s barred tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well. Its showing no service constantly. I cant make any call or send a massage. Get sim to ther phone and its ok
Message 6 of 42

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it really is locked to o2 just follow the help in the link I posted above.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 42

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does data work (not WiFi, mobile data)?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m inclined to believe the sim is for some reason barred if you claim the phone is unlocked. You may need O2 remove any bar that is placed 

Message 9 of 42

VaPr
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
SIM is ok. I have tryed it in ther phone - no problem
Message 10 of 42