Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 overcharging me

Hk3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Need some help please. I contacted o2 1 month before my contract ended to end my contract in 30 days when it finished and asked for a pay and go sim to be sent which I would use. I was told it would happen and I should just put my new sim in and the number can be swapped once I call o2. 1 month later I put the new sim in and tried to call o2 and no one answered as the machine kept cutting me off, 3 days later I was able to get a hold of someone and he said I can just upgrade monthly and keep the same number so I just went with it. He then told me to contact the customer service team as I will be charged £44 on my old contract even though I have paid it off due to me using some of the minutes. The customer service guy started arguing with me and I told him to check past calls and he even accused me of lying about calling earlier so it was a mess. He mentioned he would investigate it and I should wait for an answer tomorrow. Is there anything else I can do ? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have a feeling you may have to call up again, O2 are notorious for promising call-backs which never materialise

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have a feeling you may have to call up again, O2 are notorious for promising call-backs which never materialise

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 4

Hk3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I will try the below social media you mentioned and also cancel the direct debit 

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You really shouldn't be cancelling the direct debit until you've resolved this with customer service

Message 4 of 4