cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 keeps telling me I have a voicemail, but when I try to listen to it, I get redirected to top-up

Sesmar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Voicemail notification that I can't delete, just saying "New voicemail, O2". The problem is that when I try to listen to it, I immediately get redirected to the top-up service. It's basically an automated machine telling me that my balance is 0, that I need to top up, and giving me a bunch of options on how to do it.

I actually went and topped up now (I only rarely use my UK number), and I should have data etc... But I still can't listen to this voicemail, and I still keep getting redirected to the top-up service. Frankly, it's a bit annoying that I can't delete this notification or listen to it. And it would be nice if O2 actually let me listen to my voicemails. What should I do here?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sesmar 

If you are trying to access voicemail from abroad you need credit as bundle allowances won't allow a call to VM from abroad.

If you have a voicemail pin set up you could call your VM from a landline Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sesmar 

If you are trying to access voicemail from abroad you need credit as bundle allowances won't allow a call to VM from abroad.

If you have a voicemail pin set up you could call your VM from a landline Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2